my baby boy, Noah Wesley Dean

smiling...laughing...playing...talking...crawling...walking...??? This is the place that answers all of the important questions about the cutest boy in the world!!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Late night at the ER

Well, yesterday afternoon, there was a bit of an accident. A bowl of fingernail polish remover was dumped onto Noah's head and got into his eyes. After flushing his eyes out a few times, he seemed to be a little better, but I didn't want to take any chances with damaging his eyes, so I took him into the ER in Hagerstown. I got there right around 7:00, and he was doing great in the beginning. The longer we waited, the less amused he was...he entertained himself for a while, then would either try to run away from me or just fuss at me. Then he got to the point around 9:30 or 10:00 where all he did was just cry and cry. He wanted to leave and go to bed so badly - he was reaching toward the exit doors. After rocking him and switching positions several times (and struggling with my slightly-large-on-me pregnancy pants and shirt), he dozed off. It was so late, and he just didn't understand why we were still sitting around in such a boring place. By the time they finally called his name to see the doctor, it was after 11:00. Needless to say, when I stood up to go back there, he woke up and began crying again. Then having the nurse in his face trying to look at his eyes didn't help any. He was so very upset!! He kept crying and crying as we sat back there. I felt so bad for him. The doctor finally came to see him around 11:30. Noah immediately held on to me tighter and cried more as soon as she came in the room. She looked at his eyes and his ears too (to make sure the chemicals didn't get in there), and then she wanted to lay him down to put iodine in his eye to make sure there was no damage. We couldn't hold him down, so she had to get another nurse...and the 3 of us are holding him down all over, and he is screaming and crying and kicking and doing everything just to get back up to me. All I could do at that point was cry with him...I am such a baby. It hurt me so much to see him that incredibly upset and scared. Everytime someone else would come in the door, he would start up crying again. He was afraid that we weren't going home I guess. Finally, the nurse came back in with some ibuprofen and a drink for him, but he didn't want anything to do with it. So once again, we had to force him down as she put the medicine in his mouth. The doctor said that everything pretty much looked fine as far as she could tell. So finally, around 12:00 midnight, Noah and I were able to finally leave and go home. (And I could get some dinner...)

This morning, when I got him up, naturally he was very tired because of that rough, late night, so he was crying some and fighting the car seat. But as I drove down the road to my parent's house, he was crying more and more and was rubbing and covering his eyes. They must have been hurting and stinging again after waking up! His left eye was pretty red and puffy. So, this afternoon, GG and Grandpa are gonna take him to see Dr. Schiavone...hopefully the visit from last night didn't totally ruin his good nature in the doctor's office! Pray that nothing is serious and that his eyes look and feel better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home